Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time is Fleeting

On October 7th I will turn 51. If you had told me a year ago that I would be living here I would have told you you were crazy. It has been a crazy year. I moved into a room, out of a room, shared an apartment with my daughter, stayed at a back-packers hostel & a women's shelter then finally here in this room. I lived in three cities during that time Peterborough, Toronto and Hamilton. I didn't stay long in Toronto only about a week while I got ready for my move to Hamilton.
The reason I bring this up is because I begin my new year on my birthday. It is a habit I have gotten into. I evaluate the year past, consider what I want to accomplish in the year to come  and draw up a rough plan to accomplish my goals. It is a way of renewing the promises I have made to myself and decide if they are still valid. It also rather forcefully shows me the places where I have to re-work something because it didn't happen.
Where I live there is no excuse except my own laziness for not getting in some daily movement and other things (social connections) that are priorities. For most of this past year I have heard an echo of the doctors warning to me at my last physical. If I don't lose weight I will be dead by the time I am 55. That is scary but it hasn't been enough to keep me consistent. Some how between this October and Next I must find a way to be consistent.
More of this on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment