Monday, October 3, 2011

NaBloPoMo- Between- October 3

“Forty is the old age of youth; fifty is the youth of old age.”
- Victor Hugo

When I found this quote I was blown away! What an absolutely wonderful way to look at life.

Between 40 and 50 we go through a transformation very similar to the first few years of childhood. Our perceptions of life and of ourselves go through a profound change.

If you had told me at 40 that I would be living by myself quite happily in a place I had never been I would have laughed.

If you had told me that sex would go from being a necessity to something of little interest I would have told you you were crazy.

If you had told me that I would walk away from my daughter rather than continue to take care of her like a child I would have been shocked and called you a liar.

I have done all of those things and more in the last decade. Things that in my 20's and 30's I could not have even conceived of.

I wonder if my 50's will be like my teens. Maybe... with all the physical changes like menopause and arthritis it will be. :)

Powered by ScribeFire.


No comments:

Post a Comment