Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 27, 2011

Ten days ago my father died. He was in his 82nd year. He was in fact 17 days from his 82nd birthday. We buried him on the 24th. I did my duty and left as soon as I could. Does that sound cold, perhaps, all I know is that after a funeral and two post-burial receptions I needed to get away.

I needed to get away from Peterborough, I needed to get away from my family and I needed to get away from all the condolences. Normally I like hugs but on that day I was very tired of them and of people in general. The Professor brought me back to Toronto and suggested strongly that I stay there for a few days. As depressed as I was I did not argue.

I spent Tuesday sleeping, that is my usual reaction to extreme stress and depression. Wednesday I slept less but still more than normal. Today I slept less and I showered for the first time in two weeks. Tomorrow or Saturday during the day I will be going back to Hamilton.

I am not sure how I will handle the time alone but I do need to get back to my life, as much as I like it here it is no longer my home. I do know that the danger period is past, I have reached acceptance. The deep depression is lifting.  I have begun to take care of myself again. And best of all I have begun to take an interest in things other than my own misery.

I will allow myself a few more day then I'll be back to my schedule of posts. I am glad I did so many ahead that way the gap is small. I need to keep my mind and hands busy for awhile so the volume of my own work will increase. I am looking to do some craft and photo challenges as well as the Novel writing challenge which is in November.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, but it sounds like you are currently in need of more understanding then anything else. I honestly can not say I understand, but do know I would be in not such a great state if my circumstances where the same.
    Sending hugs, and wishes for better days!
    ~Elysia via swap-bot Love Comment Blog ♥ (2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have lost both parents and I am 44 years old..So I totally feel the pain your dealing with. I am sending hugs and prayers your way.

    kraftykj swapbot

    ReplyDelete