Saturday, October 15, 2011

Weekends are for Collaborate, Gather and Experiment

The soft muted colors of seashells can inspire a color scheme in your next project, while the gentle spiral of a conch shell may inspire a painted, embroidered, or beaded form, outline, or pattern.

There are as many different shells as there are beaches on which to find them, and they come in many shapes, sizes, and forms, from miniature shells used as embellishments to fragments used for tiling. You can incorporate shells into your pieces or construct an entire piece from shells.

You may simply be satisfied to incorporate their textures, shapes and colors into your work.

Here are a few images for inspiration:





 
 


And here is a few more links for even more inspiration:

EHow has Art Project Ideas to get you started
About also has Shell Projects
Tuesday Inspiration


For myself I am not sure about that mask but I sure would love to give it a try. I'd have to collect a lot more shells before I could even begin.  I only have two small ones :). What I may do is get a bag from the dollar store and make a wall hanging using some water colored yarn and the shells. If I do I'll share the complted hanging with you.




Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. Cool posting, I absolutely love the table of difference shells! (I may have to save that, if it's ok) That shell mask is sure a neat idea!
    ~Elysia via swap-bot, Love Comment Blog ♥ (2)

    ReplyDelete