Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nov 17, 2011

Hello, how was your day?

I have fibromyalgia so big efforts like yesterday's tend to wipe me out and today was no different. My alarm went off as usual at 9 am. I fed Cooper and took my meds then went back to bed. I did not wake up until nearly 3 PM.

It worry's me sometimes this need for excessive rest. I know it is just another symptom of the syndrome but on days like today I wonder why I do anything physical when I know what it will cost me. When I do it though it just feels so good and I ignore the consequences.Then I spend the next two days or so cursing my foolishness. Such is the life of someone like me.

I suppose for those who don't know what fibromyalgia syndrome is I should explain it:

Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, and anxiety.

You can read more about it at PubMed Health. I live with this everyday and have for the last ten years. With a lifelong  history of depression this was just one more thing to deal with. Then when I reached fifty all the other things that go with old age began.

I am not whining just explaining why I slept most of today and will probably do the smae tomorrow. I wrote a poem once called,  "Just One More Thing" , but I can't find it any more. I think maybe I will try to rewrite it.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment