Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Library

Hi my name is Cheryl and I am a self-help book addict.

I have what I consider a very large library, here in my room I have close to 100, back in the Professors garage I have at least 100 more. One of my 101 in 1001 goals is to read the ones I haven't read and give a minimum of 50 % away.

My problem is as always that I get bored with any one book fairly quickly so I tend to have several partially read ones around. Compound this with the fact that they are either self-help books or DIY books about many different hobbies and crafts. I feel compeled to do some or as in the case of the Artist's Way all of the exercises included in them. 

My thinking in this might seem strange. Why can't I just read them then pass them on? The reason of course as any self help addict can tell you is that I bought them to help me discover something and I don't want to give them away without trying to get the benefit I want from them.

In the case of the journalling books and drawing  books I bought them to teach myself something and by god I'm going to learn it even if it doesn't interest me right now maybe the knowledge will come in handy some day.

See how easy it is to trap yourself. What I should do is pack half them into my bundle buggy and take them to the nearest public library. That is what I should do rather I do or not depends on just how serious I become about the downsizing.

Gonna think on that a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment