Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thursday is Personal History 11/24/11

Words to Inspire: Know Thyself
"When one is a stranger to oneself then one is estranged from other, too. If one is out of touch with oneself, then one cannot touch others. Only when one is  connected to one's inner core is one connected to others, I am beginning to discover. And, for me, the core, the inner spring, can be re-found through solitude... Certain springs are tapped only when we are alone. The artist knows he must be alone to create; the musician, to compose; the saint, to pray. But women need solitude in order to find again the true essence of themselves; the firm strand which will be the indispensable center of a whole web of human relationships"
--Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Gift from the Sea

Do you agree or disagree?
For myself I agree, I am finding my time alone here very rewarding. I don't have to present myself to anyone which means I can be the person I am instead of the one people expect me to be. I am finding my writing so much easier because there are less distractions. Not sure the quality has increased but the volume certainly has.

No comments:

Post a Comment