Friday, January 13, 2012

13/01/2012- Tangents

I just realized that today was the first Friday the thirteenth of the year. No wonder I'm having such a hard time staying on topic.

My goal for 2011 was to get debt free and I am officially that, the goal for this year is to get my funeral stuff worked out so that there will be one less thing for the kids to worry about when I pass. Dad's funeral would have been debt free if Brenda hadn't wanted to add those flowers. Not a big deal I suppose. I also need to get my will written and in the hands of a lawyer. Tangent one not sure why this came up but this and the other stuff that follows is stuff that I typed while trying to update the 101 in 1001 challenge

I got a Kobo Vox for Christmas and I have been reading ebook fiction. I have missed a good escape. It feels like a very long time since I read anything that wasn't a how-to or a DIY type book. I just finished reading "The Help", I was a bit disappointed that it was a work of fiction but for all that it certainly could have been the real thing. I picked up the "Game of Thrones" series and have begun re-reading the first one. I felt I missed a lot the first time through. This way I can make notes as I read to help me understand the characters. I also watched the TV show before I read the books and it made the confusion worse because I was thinking about the show and trying to see the scene I was reading as it was presented on the TV. You all can guess how that went.

It is worse than the Sookie Stackhouse books, the TV series is getting further and further away from what was written in the books, sometimes to the extent that it is a whole new story that has only one thing in common with the others and that is Sookie.

Ahh perhaps I am too much of a pureist, the Professor thinks so. I don't know about you but Romeo and Julliet just isn't the same when they substitute guns for swords and Dracula just doesn't work with a miminalist stage setting, it just doesn't. I went to Stratford to see that Dracula and I walked out after the first act, I just could not get into it. The Romeo and Juliet they made with Leo Dicaprio, I watched five minutes of it, saw the guns called swords and I turned it off, I have refused to even consider watching it since. it just didn't sit right with me.

About the only show I have seen that has consistently lived up to my expectations is Midsummer's Night Dream, I love that play! I've seen three different versions of it and it has not disappointed ever. I think even if they were to substitute a motorcycle for the bicycles it would still work. There is not much you can change about the part that takes part in the woods but I'm sure someone somewhere will give it a try one of these days

I think that is all I'm going to write today. I have slept very little this past night between the pain and the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night.

I have slept very little this past night so I suspect I will be napping a lot during the day. BRB I need my coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment