Tuesday, October 2, 2012

02/10/2012

Well life just keeps getting better and better. I am having some kind of severe allergic reaction although presently it is confined to hives. At least I think it's hives certainly its something and I am itchy as all get out. It feels like my whole body is one solid itch. It may be the bedbugs but they hadn't been bothering me until just recently. I'm sure I had lots of bites but no itch now it feels like my whole body is one solid itch. I haven't had any new foods so unless an old favorite has turned mean it isn't a food allergy. It bears repeating my body feels like one solid itch

I am nearly done the closing down of my place here in Hamilton and though my son-in-law seems to have gotten a repreive there is no way of knowing for sure, immigration could be at their door tomorrow. Besides I finally got a look at my room in their place it is easily twice the size of this one perhaps even as big as The Professors Master bedroom

The rash appears to be spreading at this rate my sit down is going to be covered with bumps. My skin feels like it is crawling with bugs. I don't see them but I can feel them. I am sure it is all in my head but that doesn't make it any less real. Cream, I had cream cheese yesterday and on Thursday there was cream in my coffee, I wonder if that could have triggered it because I have been getting steadily worse over the weekend. I just don't know why it would trigger a rash on the backs of my legs or on my sit down.

Time to move on... my daughters family are picky eaters so I need to come up with a way of making sure everyone has their daily calorie and nutrient needs met. The Professor suggests eating like the chinese do. Cook a variety of things and allow each person to choose what they want to eat. It makes sense and it allows the use of the food guide in a very simplistic way ie pasta, rice or potato are the standard starches, two vegetables something from the red family and something from the green family. Two small protiens: one fish and one whatever. They don't have to be large amounts since only two of us will be eating the fish and the other four will have whatever the other one is and a serving is only 3 oz I beleive. A second starch can be added in the form of bread or buns if needs be and then a fruit and possibly a sweet for dessert. It sounds like a lot but if we exercise portion control as well as making sure at least one of the fruis or vegetables is raw it would not be too bad nor would it require hours of work in the kitchen there are lots of things that are ready in half an hour or less. We will need lots of pots and pans though so I will probably go to Value village to see what I can find.

I will need to rearrange her cupboards so that I know what I have to work with, right now they are a disorganized mess. If we can clear out the pantry at least we would have some decent space to work with but storage as always is an issue at her place. She is as bad as mom for collecting stuff. I am sure they find it easy to work with such a mess but I do not. Since I will be helping out with the meals I think I'm entitled to a little organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment