Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Aug 27, 2013 9:55 AM

I have been taking a much needed break fro writing during the month of August, basically my well is dry, creativity wise. I dwell on silly things like the words of my DIL that she used to excuse the ending of a twenty-three year friendship between my son and a man know simply as Woody. "Our family had to go without because he didn't pay what he said he would pay" Our family had to go without... simple enough words but they were spoken in anger as if such a thing was sacrilige. I have gone without most of my life and it hasn't harmed me much, if anything it has made me more careful when I make a purchase instead of just buying whatever I want when I want it. It is a hard attitude to accept, I suppose because I agree with the Professor, sometimes wanting is a lot more fun than having. Perhaps because when you have it, you use it for a finite amount of time and then you get bored with it. At least that has been my experience when I run into things I've wanted for a long time, then when I have them they just sit there

My head hurts today and my eyes are not focusing well, I think I have spent far too much time staring at the monitor while playing Farmville and Farmville 2 both adictive games I found on facebook. Mind you I went back to Cafeworld last night and I just couldn't muster the enthusiasm that I used to have for it, the same thing happened when I went back to the Pioneer one, they just don't hold my interest as well as Farmville 2 does or make me want to do well on building a farm or six like Farmville does. Way too much time in both of those games especially farmville. I usually take a break when I find myself making lists and thinking about spreadsheets and databases because that tells me I have become too invested in the game.

I am having a really hard time getting my eyes to focus on the computer screen, even looking at the keyboard there are soft edges and my eyes feel sticky, I wonder if it is time to start using my glasses again. I know, I know, I am supposed to wear them for reading but I do not find them comfotable to wear for long periods of time and I spend ten or more hours a day staring at the computer screen

I do not know if I have 750 words or not, at least when I use scribefire I get a word count maybe I'll save this and open scribefire to continue writing it. It occurs to me that 750 Words stresses privacy but this is anything but, I prefer this to their site because I don't care if you see my words only that I get them out of my head

Ok that is better, I know you are probably asking why 750 words and that is basically how many words are on three hand written pages and it is a limit that has been suggested by user's of Artist's Way Morning Papers.

It seems funny but everytime my brain gets too full of nonsense I find it useful to write out Morning Pages for a few days or weeks until things have mellowed out again. Anyway I met my SIL's parents this weekend, they are Americans but they seem OK. The man is a bit of a tight ass where spending money is a concern but he seems to have a good heart and he makes super balloon animals. THe mother is also nice but she is quite manipulative I think, mind you when you need to guilt trip your husband into spending one extra thin dime for something I guess you have to be like that. She has also survived several types of Cancer which gives me a deep respect for her. His brother is an enigma, what I saw of him was quiet and withdrawn with a tendancy to ask questions out of the blue but only about things that interest him. In otherwords they would fit right in with my own relatives and they seemed like nice folks, I kept my distance because they were here to see Dean and meet his new family and I didn't want to interfere in that. Besides I was afraid my run away mouth would get me in trouble, I have a low bullshit tolerance level and the alarm bells went off nearly everytime I was in their prescense. Pure Canadian prejudice I guess. Or else I was just in a mood to beorney because I gave up my weekend away to meet these people and it didn't seem worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment