Monday, November 18, 2013

The Road Not Taken

As I sit here in the dusk of my life I wonder how would my life have been different if I hadn't gotten pregnant so young? I think about how my life could have been different if I had no struggle that final year of high school and gone into the programming program at Sir Sandford as I had planned?

Would I have passed with honours and found lucritive work some where? Would I have been able to live a proper life instead of the one I ended up living? 

It is all relative I suppose. Could have maybe completed one year of college then got pregnant or I could have completed all three years and made it to Toronto as a tax paying citizen. Instead of spending nearly thirty years living on Social Assistance I could have been a contributer. Do I regret having my children so young? Not really but sometimes I wonder.

So many circumstances would not have occured if I had completed that degree. Though nothing says that what I did have would have been better.

1) Completed programming course at Sir Sandford

2) Got in on the ground floor with Microsoft and helped create the internet

3) Continued to upgrade my skills learning or maybe even creating programming languages

4) Switch to creating web pages or databases

5) Get out before the dot com melt down

6) Retire on my income from my microsoft investments at 55

 

Well it is a dream life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment