Sunday, December 29, 2013

3 Days until 2014 - Choosing a word for the year

I had a hard time choosing the word that best describes the year I would like to have. I knew it would have to encompass movement and momentum and my hope to not only keep moving but to improve other areas of my life as well.

Living it would include doing the 30 min a day of exercise the doctor would like to see me doing, it would see me spending time in more social situations, it would see me building some savings and it would see me recovering more of the original Cherylann.

Breathing it would mean I suffer from a little less depression and even when I am down I keep moving towards my goals. It means working through bad pain days instead of using them as an excuse to stop not just for that day but for many days.

I have made a small start this year by attending the Art therapy group and spending time with my friend and even touching base with old friends and family. I've also started therapy and it is going to get even more intense in the new year. I have gone to the weight room and an aqua fit class and definitly intend to continue.

Bringing more forward movement into my life will include going to the Y five times a week, it means deepening my therapy so I can deal with all those festering wounds in my soul, it means attending and participating in some of the local social events, in paticular I am looking to join a knitting group  and maybe take part in a poetry slam or something similar. I am starting an art journal group with some of the women I met at the therapy group. I also have two classes starting in January, one is only 4 weeks but it is the most crucial as it will be helping me with my diet issues.

Four more words to support my WORD of the year:

Physically

Mentally

Socially

Creatively

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome word for 2014 Cheryl! Hope you'll share it with us at Friendship Friday at Create With Joy!

    Happy New Year to you!

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word choice! I have not yet decided on mine for 2014. My 2013 word was EMBRACE and it was great to say yes to more opportunities! Stopping by from the SITS Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for coming, I have been to visit you as well

    ReplyDelete