Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I fear I may have made a mistake, maybe... it is hard to know for sure. My son and I have been having difficulties with our relationship for several years now. His expectations are different from mine. The most difficult one for me deals with my grandchildren, his children. DD has always brought her children to me when she had the means or called me to come get them when she didn't. My son has asked me to babysit only a handful of times and he doesn't bring his children to see me except for special family events. His expectation is that I will call him to see the kids. That I will make an appointment in advance to come by and see my own grandchildren. Perhaps I am spoiled by my daughter but that doesn't sit well with me at all.

He and my daughter had words about a month ago because he posted something on Facebook that basically said I was not a good grandmother. I did not get to read it which is probably a good thing because I would have written the message I wrote tonight a lot sooner.

I asked him to come over to give me a price on a fire pit, he told me he would be here around 11. I assumed he meant 11 AM. It is now 10 PM and I still have not seen him nor have I received a call from him telling me he couldn't come. This is the second time he has done this to me and frankly I'm pissed off. If I were a regular type client he would have lost my business the first time. Even family deserves some respect and I have not received that from him in a long while.

I refuse to be treated like trash despite my own personal feelings on that subject. My anger is dissipating and I am aware only of a great sadness. I think I will go cry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment