Thursday, May 8, 2014

NaBloPoMo- May 2014 - Topic is Nourish

I am 8 days late in getting started with NaBloPoMo but since the topic is all about how we nourish ourselves if fits well into my particular concerns. Here are the prompts for the first 8 days of may and my answers.

Thursday, May 1, 2014
Tell us how you eat: do you sit down to three meals, eat several small meals, or grab a granola bar on the run?

Hmmm depends on the day really but I basically stick to three meals a day. It is the simplest and it makes sure that I get regular infusions of energy.

Friday, May 2, 2014
Tell us how you wish you ate if it's different from your day-to-day reality.

In my day to day reality I eat pretty well though I still need some work on portion control and I wish I could stop eating after 8 PM without having to go to sleep to avoid the temptation

Monday, May 5, 2014
Would you ever want a personal chef, or do you enjoy cooking your own meals?

I actually enjoy cooking my own meals. I like to experiment in the kitchen.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Have you ever invented your own recipe? Tell us about it (or your favourite one).

When my kids were little I would often run out of food before the month and I didn't know about Food Banks then. I would often throw whatever I had in the fridge & freezer into a pot and call it supper. My soups usually turned into a grey tasteless mess but at least it was food. Since then I have experimented with several different dishes but I am most proud of my chili recipes and the fact that they can double as spaghetti sauce. The quickest recipe I have would make my mother turn in her grave but it is quick & east. Take a can of Pork & beans, add a can of Aylmer Accent diced tomatoes, chili flavour. Mix them together & warm them up. Quick chili!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Do you follow recipes to a T, or do you play around with recipes, making adjustments?

I always make adjustments, sometimes because I don't have the ingredients or don't have enough of one of the ingredients asked for; sometimes just because I want to add my own touch.

Thursday, May 8, 2014
Tell us about your favourite cookbook.

I don't have a favorite cookbook, I have a favorite recipe web site it's called All Recipes & you can find a recipe based on what you have on hand, plus other ways, that is my favorite way to search.

No comments:

Post a Comment