Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Special Birthday Gift

When I talk about miniatures I am talking about working in 1/12 scale. That is 1 inch = 1 foot. I played with them for years but then I started getting into the more expensive settings and had to stop because I couldn't afford it.

The last one I did was a Wizard's lab for my partner's birthday. His online name at the time was Warlock and it seemed appropriate. He still has it on display in his bedroom.

This is not it but it is similar.
I have another project sitting in my closet that has been there since I completed the lab because I didn't have the time or money to create it. Since these days I have a lot of time I've been collecting ideas and supplies to make the image in my head become a reality. I hope to have it completed in time for his next birthday his 48th.



This is his personal computer setup. What I want to do is recreate this in miniature for him as a gift. Do you remember 5 1/4 " floppy disks?



I managed to find enough that I can use them for the frame and still have a few leftover to make the monitors. So that is what I'm beginning with. Now all I have to do is get started on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment