Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Years Eve 2014

Reviewing my entries from this time last year I see where I have gone forward and where I have not. For the record I feel I have made a lot of progress over the last year.
2 days until 2014 - Fast-Forward to Dec 2014
December 31, 2014
In my head I am less fractured, my past has been unraveled and re-knit into a stronger, healthier self.
Stronger and healthier in my head yes definitely that. Not completely healed but getting there.I have found 175 pounds again and am stronger, fitter than I have been in a long time. My depression and the Fibro are better due to the healthier lifestyle.I did not lose as much as I wanted today I weigh 214 lbs which is 20 pounds less than I weighed this timelast yearI have published my poetry e-zine and completed the first story of Woulf.These did not happenI got through the wedding and honeymoon without any major hitches. Everything was beautiful and everyone got paidon time. My GD #1's sweet sixteen went off without a hitch tooEverything went well although GD#1 did not get quite the birthday we plannedI am up to date with all of my bills and so are my daughter & SIL. I have my ODSP and we are finally managing to put some money aside towards a house.My bills are paid but I can't speak for theirs. Once I got my ODSP I moved out on my own.I have a small group of friends I get together with on a weekly basis. We do lots of things together including a weekly drumming session and an art journal session.These did not happenI am dancing again and have attended "Dance Your Bones" half a dozen times and even managed to stay for a couple of complete sessions.This did not happen. I was never able to go back there.It has been a great year! I accomplished the two most important things.

Fast Forward to December 31st, 2015

I have learned the basics of belly dance and danced for the Professor a couple of times.

My diabetes is under control

I have reached 180lbs because of a more physically active lifestyle and this has helped with both the diabetes and the fibro.

The depression is also decreased in strength because of the cognitive therapy I began at the beginning of the year.

I have a regular sleep routine in place and have noticed some improvements in my thought processes as well as more relaxation in my body

My word for 2015 is Focus. It is my intention to focus on becoming more physically active this year because it causes improvement in so many different areas.

Lets see what 2015 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment