Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Fill Your Cup Journal Prompt: Know Yourself part 3

Name 10 activities that make you feel good and feel like yourself:

  1. Knitting something for myself
  2. Reading
  3. Playing Facebook Farmville
  4. Looking after my cats
  5. Spending time with my daughter and her family
  6. Reading facebook news and finding fun or profound things to share
  7. Creating something pretty from cloth & thread (embroidery)
  8. Being able to do my own dishes and vacuum my own floor once in awhile
  9. Being able to talk to people
  10. Being liberal with hugs
The thing I most would like someone to remember about me is:
I was never and will never be too old or scared to try something new at least once.

What did you want to do when you were a kid? What does that say about who you are now? Is there a part of you that you still want?

When I was a kid I dreamed of dancing, acting, being a star. Time has a way of changing our dreams and yet still giving us what we want. I am not a star of stage and screen but I am a star to my grandchildren and my nieces and nephews. All of them have memories of me that are good and make them laugh there are a few who have memories of a different sort but I always have a hug for them and a smile.

If there is one thing I would like to recapture from my childhood it would be the simple joy of exploring. I was always a curious person but my curiosity seems to have become less as the depression and fibro take their dues. I would like to explore again despite the pain and sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment