Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Time seems to fly

Time seems to fly when you are busy and I have been though it doesn't feel that way some days. Since my last entry I have moved again hopefully this time into my home until I am too old to take care of myself.

This lovely building is an old church that has been renovated and made available to people on a income of less than 24K per year. It contains 42 units most are bed-sitters but there are a couple of studios and a few one bedrooms as well. the renovations are ongoing but they are mainly cosmetic things like safety bars in the showers and a patio area outside.

I have a large bed-sitter with two windows and a modern kitchen and best of all I have a walk in shower with a safety bar so I no longer have to fear falling when I want to get clean.

The biggest problem is that the laundry rooms aren't available yet but hopefully they will be soon.





The second thing that has happened over the last two months is that my son has begun to invite me to his kids birthday parties and to bring them around to visit.

This is Myles with his partner Ashley and three of his four children. Though the baby is there as well you can't see her. Aren't they gorgeous!

I have complained a lot about Myles keeping his distance so it is nice to finally feel included in his family.








With the reduced rent I have begun to pay off my creditors and taking better care of myself. My next step is to get my butt back to the YMCA cause I still have that 100 lbs to lose and I can't do it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment