Sunday, October 9, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

When my parents were alive we would bring ourselves and our children home for Thanksgiving, Once they passed away my daughter would do thanksgiving and Rob and I were expected to attend.
This year I am finally having a Thanksgiving without a multitude of family around and you know what... on the one hand it is great no pressure to be social even if it is just my daughter and family; on the other hand I didn't grab a turkey or ham dinner to eat so it kinda sucks.
I will be dining on poutine and ribs from the Swiss Chalet plus whatever vegetables I decide to cook. That is the main thing I remember from the days we went to mom and dads there wasn't much on the table but she made the best mashed turnips I ever tasted. I've spent years trying to figure out what it was she did that always made them taste so good.


My sister is the common element so you could see where we were and a bit of our family dynamic during Thanksgiving was. My parents home for Thanksgiving 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment