Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Survey

Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send? I used to send out seven but I haven't sent any out for a few years. Not since my dad passed away.
Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? I think they are neat! Its a great way to catch everyone up on what is happening with you and yours.
Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? Hate 'em but they are a necessary evil
How soon do you start shopping? Usually in October after our birthday week.
Real or fake tree? Fake, real is just too much work these days
When do you put up your tree? December 1st
When do you take down your tree? January 5th
Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type) I have a three foot fake tree done in traditional green needle form. Decorations include clear balls, miniature drums and a garland, oh and two sets of mini lights
What do you top your tree with? Presently nothing, when I had a bigger tree it was a lighted angel
Your favorite ornament. On the tree-candy canes, elsewhere my nativity
Be honest: Family ornament you secretly hate. No family ornament left they have all been lost.
Do you put Christmas lights outside your house? No
Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Yes
Do you hang up stockings? Yes
Your favorite Christmas Movie(s) Any of the Dickinson-ish, "A Christmas Carol"
Be honest: A Christmas movie you hate Off the top of my head I can't think of any.
Favorite Christmas Song(s) All of them
Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up None
This or That
Give or Receive? GIVE
Eggnog or Mulled Cider? EGGNOG
Red or Green? RED
Ham or Turkey? HAM
Star or Angel? ANGEL
White Lights or Colored Lights? COLORED LIGHTS
Blinking Lights or Still Lights? STILL LIGHTS

When do you open your gifts? One on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas Day
Do you buy gifts for your pet? When I had pets I did
Be honest: What's the worst gift you've ever gotten? I can't think of a single thing
Have you ever traveled for the holiday? To Toronto and back, this year we are going to midland to visit my sister
Did you see Santa as a child? Only on TV during the local Santa Parade
Can you name all the reindeer? No
Favorite Christmas cookie(s) Gingerbread
Have you ever gone caroling? No
Do you drive around and look at the Christmas lights? Yes
Have you ever left Santa cookies? Yes
Have you ever had a white Christmas? Nearly every year of my life, I consider green Christmases a bad omen
Have you ever made a gingerbread house from scratch? From a kit? Always from a kit
Do you know how to ice skate? Used to haven't been on skates in two decades
Do you attended religious services on Christmas? No
Be honest: Do you think the season is too commercial? Yes!
Have you ever worked Christmas eve or Christmas day? Not that I recall
Be honest: What are your Christmas pet peeves? My biggest peeve by far is the continued emphasis on Santa Claus instead of the Birth of Jesus. Second would be the Christmas sales beginning before Halloween. The third would be the emphasis on bigger and more expensive is better than heart-felt and home made.
What’s your favorite thing about the holidays? Spending time with my family!

1 comment:

  1. I like your survey... i think that christians must honor the birth of jesus and the others (me included) celebrate it with humility, although I think santa claus is a very nice character when you (everyone) take the gifts thing with less consumerism and more sharing with the family spirit.

    have happy holidays... thanks for sharing this

    ReplyDelete