Tuesday, December 13, 2016

ESG: Let me recommend a book #17

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

I had such a hard time choosing a book to recommend! In the end I decided to go with two.

This is book one in a series of six. If you like Greek Mythology and Fantasy you will like this series.

Title: Goddess Legacy
Series: Goddess Series
Author: M. W. Muse
Synopsis: Legacy Kore is an average seventeen year old with your basic insane crush on the hottest guy in school... rather Adin Shepard was the hottest guy in school before he graduated a couple of weeks ago. Now it’s summer vacation and she’s not sure when she’ll get to see him again. Until he shows up at her surprise seventeenth birthday party. Cue saliva glands--it’s time to drool.

But her giddiness is cut short when her guardian delivers an emotional blow, telling Legacy her mother hadn’t died when she was baby, but that she’d left for Legacy’s protection all those years ago. After the initial shock, she expects some story about how her mother was in the Witness Protection Program or something else just as crazy, but when she’s told that her mother is a Greek Goddess and that Legacy is changing into one too, she thinks her guardian needs a trip to a mental hospital. Legacy a goddess? Um, yeah. Right. And her BFF is the Easter Bunny.

While trying to make sense out of something that was impossible to believe, Adin asks Legacy out on a date. She is thrilled that her fantasy might become a reality, but when she meets the new guy in town, River, she discovers everything isn’t always as it seems, and the legacy she wants just might not be the legacy she is destined to have.

My Take: This book has a 3.6 star rating at GoodReads. After reading the reviews there I was a little upset. I liked this book, it was the perfect mind break for me. If you are a serious book reader it may not appeal to you, it is written for the YA group and as such is simple but as an introduction to the series it was great.

This is also book 1 in a series of 5 I am reading. Fantasy and Dragons makes it cool!

Title: Hidden
Series Dragonlands
Author: Meg Jensen
Synopsis: The mystery enshrouding Hutton’s Bridge is as impenetrable as the fog that descended at its borders eighty years ago. Each year, three villagers enter the mist searching for answers. No one ever returns.

Then a dragon falls from the sky to the town square, dead—the first glimpse of an outside world that has become nothing more than a fairy tale to Hutton’s Bridge. Except to Tressa.

Tressa grew up with Granna’s stories of the days before the fog fell. When Granna dies, leaving Tressa without any family, Tressa ventures into the fog herself, vowing to unravel the foul magic holding Hutton’s Bridge captive.

What she discovers beyond the fog endangers the lives of everyone she loves.
 

My Take: Dragons! OK so I'm an easy sell I like any books that feature dragons. This one though drew me in from the first line. The need to know how this came about burned in me. I am now on book three of the series and have a hard time making myself put my reader down so I can sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment