Thursday, January 5, 2017

End of Year Questions 2016 Edition

End of year questions

  1. What did you do in 2016 that you had not done before? 
 Decided that I getting too old to be a gypsy anymore and that it was time to settle down in one place
  2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year? What are the goals? What are your new ones?  I did indeed manage to keep many of my goals from last year including the most important one which was giving more people the benefit of doubt
  3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or become pregnant? 
 Not to my knowledge our last baby turned a year old just before Christmas
  4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness? 
A lot of famous names died but the only family member I can think of is my cousin Audrey
  5. What places have you visited? 
 Within Ontario- Niagara Falls and Midland this year
  6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016 (doesn't have to be a physical thing)? 
A friend or two I can laugh with over coffee
  7. What date from 2016 will remain etched in your memory and why? 
June 16th because that is when I began to move my stuff into my new place.
  8. What was your biggest achievement this year? 
Making it through the year, I entered a very deep depression in August and didn't really come out of it until my birthday
  9. Did you get sick or injured? How about your family? 
Just the depression I mentioned above, My hubbie lost his father this year and he went through a depression as well is still going through it.
  10. What was the best thing you bought? 
A new comforter for my bed, the old one just wasn't working any more
  11. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, transportation and shelter)? 
Where it always goes for craft stuff this year a lot of fabric and embroidery floss
  12. What song will always remind you of 2016? 
Auld Lang Syne - I've been slowly hooking up via Facebook with old friends
  13. What do you wish you would have done more of? 
Walk but I can only handle walking if the weather is neither too hot nor too cold
  14. What do you wish you would have done less of? 
Eat potato chips and ice cream
  15. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to?. 
I watched "The Walking Dead" from Start to Finish in about three weeks can't wait to see if they do a new series. I watched a few movies but none that stood out and I re-watched two of my favorites Rocky Horror Picture Show and A Muppet's Christmas Carol. Music is music and I don't have favourites I listen to it all.
  16. What was the best book you read this year? How many did you read? 
 I read about 250 books and some of them stand out in my mind but I don't recall their titles only the subject matter. In 2017 I am actually tracking them.
  17. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently? 
 My birthday I spent alone by choice, I turned 56 and was not really anxious to celebrate that birthday. Do I feel different? Not really perhaps not as driven by what I should do as I have been for most of my life.
  18. What political or social issue stirred you the most? 
 A Trudeau in the Premieres office again means I expect some radical changes for the better. I celebrated with most of my country when he won.
  19. Who was the most interesting new person you met? My new neighbour she is an interesting person
  20. What changed at your job? 
I don't work so nothing has changed there.
  21. What changed in your home? 
I love my new home the biggest change to date is the introduction of a storage shelf that is big enough for all of my stuff, see photo here.
  22. Describe how a relationship changed. 
My relationship with my daughter has changed dramatically over the last year as she slowly begins to act more maturely, though on the down side she has begun to act like I am one of her children every so often.
  23. Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year? 
 No I am not the same I have seen some changes in my own attitudes over the last year including an ability to separate what I should do from what I want to do.
  24. Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain. 
Trust. I never used to trust my own instincts and thoughts but I can do that now and know that whatever I do I do because I trust it is perfect for me.
  25. How have people around you changed? 
A lot of people around me have had a rough year and I am reluctant to judge them as sometime their behaviour makes no sense to me but it is the right choice for them.
  26. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts) 
1) Trust my own instincts; 2) Cooking for one really isn't much fun; 3)Sometimes you have to just do instead of just thinking
  27. What was your favourite outfit for warm weather? Cooler weather? 
Warm weather is a wifebeater (female version) and capris; Cooler weather is tights and a light sweater
  28. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? What was your favourite thing you made? 
I spent the first part of the year learning about crazy quilting and I made several squares but my favourite craft this year was a diorama I made of the Aragog scene in the first Harry Potter 
    There are over a dozen spiders in this diorama
  29.  What changed about your physical appearance? (Hair? Wrinkles? New makeup style? Etc)  
The biggest change was that I actually got a buzz cut and I loved it, I felt so much cooler during the summer without all that hair on my head.
  30.  What are your hopes and dreams for the new year? 
I want to take the trust one more step and start spending more time with other people and less time with the computer, that is my main goal for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment