Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Reading Challenges of February

The 10 must reads on my list for February




  1. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (a book by a person of color)
  2. Little Women by Louisa M Alcott (a book you loved as a child)
  3. Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton  (a book about an interesting woman)
  4. Me Talk Pretty One Day David Sedaris (a book you got from a used book sale)
  5. Leota's Garden by Francine Rivers (a best seller from a genre you don't usually read)
  6. About a Dragon Dragon Kin Series, Book 2 by G.A. Aiken (a book involving a mythical creature)
  7. Beastly Duke & the Winsome Bride: Regency Romance by Charity McColl (author), Pure Read (author) 
  8. Midnight Riot Rivers of London Series, Book 1 by Ben Aaronovitch A book by an author whose name begins with A Swap
  9. Shield of Winter (Psy-Changeling #13)by Nalini Singh 
  10. Her Perfect Mate X-Ops Series, Book 1 by Paige Tyler

Of the 10 the first five are for the Popsugar Reading Challenge 2017 the others are books already on my holds list and should be coming available sometime in February

Added to replace ones already Read:
Red Rising (Red Rising 1) by Pierce Brown - (Author was Under 30 when he wrote it) Completed Feb 22
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World (a book with a cat on the cover) Completed Feb 4th

MCM: Reading Challenge: Authors beginning with A

My Choice: Sparkle Abbey (Sparkle Abbey is the writing team of Anita Carter and Mary Lee Woods. Visit the authors at http: //sparkleabbey.com)

Why I chose this author: Other than the last name beginning with A she writes cozy mysteries and I love cozy mysteries. Her series is called: Pampered Pets Mystery Series

Story Line: 
Disgraced Texas beauty queen, Melinda (Mel) Langston, owns Laguna Beach’s Bow Wow Boutique. Mona Michaels, Mel’s most despised client, owns a star dog, Fluffy, who’s worth millions. When Mona is found whacked in the head with Fluffy’s Daytime Emmy, everyone wants Fluffy, but someone won’t stop at murder to get the pooch.

Secrets. Blackmail. Mel tackles the case like a dog with a bone. But can she dig up the truth before the killer buries her?


My Reaction: Big Thumbs Up! If it makes me want to keep reading no matter how late it is then I consider it an interesting book. I've liked the first two books of the series and the third one is sitting on my library shelf waiting for me to get to it. Get Fluffy is the second book of the series, the heroine of this one is the cousin of the heroine of the first one. I read it in 24 hours it is that interesting. 


reading Challenge 2017-January: Read a book written by someone under 30

My Choice: Red Rising (Red Rising 1) by Pierce Brown

Why I chose this book: Young writer and the title caught my interest.

Story Line: Slave discovers he's a slave, gets help to infiltrate the owner elite, passes tests to become owner elite

My Reaction: Fast and slow though for the most part it kept my interest throughout the whole book and intrigued me enough that I want to read #2 of the series

ESG: Reading challenge #7: Read a book with a one word title

My Choice: Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld (also meets the popsugar requirement of a story inside a story)

Why I chose this book:

Story Line:

My Reaction:

No comments:

Post a Comment