Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Something that made me happy in February

ROAD TRIP

It is the only thing I can think to call it. It was 684 km and lasted from 9:30 AM to 8 PM.

We left my boyfriends house in Scarborough and grabbed gas and breakfast at a local gas station/Tim Horton's. We traveled to London with only one stop for a bathroom.

Once we picked up my niece from her home for the last six months we stopped at an A & W for lunch. Sadly I never wrote down Tori's address in London though I know it was off Highbury. We spent most of the meal discussing what would happen next for her. She had not been ready for college and had failed the first semester so she was headed home.

After lunch we hit the road again this time headed North on the 401 to Midland which is where Tori's mom lives. I slept part of the way while Rob and Tori talked. It was not a conversation I could have helped with and the long hours of driving were starting to tell.

We stopped somewhere, another Tim Hortons between London and Midland so that Rob could rest his hands a bit. At this point he had been driving for nearly five hours with only a couple of small breaks. Neither Tori nor I drive so we could not spell him.

After the rest stop we continued on to my sisters home. We visited for a bit while Rob worked on Tori's laptop. It was just before sunset when we left. We stopped for gas and then drove straight through to Peterborough. At that point we just wanted to go to bed.

We stopped at Popeye's Chicken and got dinner then went to my place. Rob had to be back in Toronto the following afternoon but had enough of driving for the day so he stayed over.

The next time I go on a long trip like that I am going to take photos and collect souvenirs. Oh and stop a lot more often to take a look around. For my first really long trip in a couple of years it wasn't as tiring as I had thought it would be but I was still very glad to get back home.

The best part of the trip for me was seeing the land as our directions changed and catching a glimpse of the land changes from nearly spring to deep winter and back again. I would have liked to stop in some of the small towns and villages we passed but we were on a tight schedule. Next time!


1 comment: