Monday, May 29, 2017

Do More Art PROJECT ~(^.^~) *May*

Post 501 if it matters to anyone but me :). I am proud of that even if it has taken me six years to get here.

Welcome to my blog!

My goals for this month were: I need to design some labels for my label bags and I want to complete or at least get the backing for my first big weaving project done.

The labels were the easiest of course since that is computer work. I ended up with something very simple:
Address label with line-drawing Rose

The weaving took a lot longer but I expected it to as I had set the size of the frame to 9" x 12" and the background yarn was only a medium weight.

Half way done the backing

The back is now complete

The design elements
I chose the Autumn colour scheme because I was born in October and I love those colours. The design yarns are also in that colour scheme. Though the green has the most texture, orange and black and red and brown are also in there.

This is what it looks like today:

Design in Progress
I do not have an image in mind it is all done without forethought. I think it looks cool but others my feel differently. I am about half way through my tub of design elements so this is the design half done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment