Skip to main content

I am enough.

 Whitewolf, Alexa. Fated Rogues: A Paranormal Romance Series Starter Collection (Rogues Extended Universe Book 1) (p. 691). Luna Imprints. Kindle Edition. 

I am enough? am I

I am enough! I AM

I am enough. (certainty)

But am I really? I am sufficient enough for me but for others I don't know. Not the point I wanted to talk about tonight, it was here from November 26 and figured I'd jump in and type for awhile cause my brain is having all kinds of thoughts and some of them contradict each other.

Lets start with the bane of my existence at this time GD#3. I want to think of her as a cute 10-year-old and she can be cute but I wonder how much she says to me is real and how much is made up.

For instance she refused to take a bath here but did so at her grandmothers without any fuss. When I asked her why she wouldn't answer me. Is she testing me & Myles to see how far she can get? I know that is highly possible but at the same time neither Myles nor I care for confrontation, though I have to admit my temper has been getting the better of me lately.

OK I went of somewhere and now I have lost my train of thought. I can't help feeling manipulated by her but I can't pinpoint how she is doing it. I also feel like she lies to us everyday but I have no proof. 

When we started this I thought surely she can't be that bad, now I'm thinking she may be in far worse shape than I thought.

She has claimed to hear her squishmallows talking too loud for her to sleep in the same room as them, just another excuse to refuse to sleep in that room by herself. Before this she claimed to see faces in the dark. (Yeah I know that happens a lot with kids with over-active imaginations) but it is still worrying.

I think each time she has a fit I'm going to start recording her and listening to it afterwards. Myles says we argue a lot and I agree to an extent but ... She is ungrateful, narcissistic, contrary, rude and outright disobedient. Can I help her find a more positive path through life? At this point I don't think I will be able to. My hope is that the time she spends at the facility in Toronto will lead her there.

If it does not then I guess I will lose another grand-daughter to a painful, self punishing path.

Is it even my right to interfere, to try and lead her in a more positive direction then the one she seems to be headed in. I come from a different era, I know that and if I spoke to my parents the way she speaks to hers I'd have been knocked silly. Or worse.

I am tired now. I am fed up. and if I could find a way to disappear I would take it in a heartbeat but then I wouldn't really happy that alone so I would end up coming back to this mess.

  1. a person who has an excessive interest in or admiration of themselves.
    "narcissists who think the world revolves around them"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 9th & 10th

 I was on my way to see GD#3 in Aurora with my son when he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Everlovin' was planning on coming down to get me that night after work. I was a little worried because it meant he would be very tired after working all day and then driving the 2 hrs to get me and the 2 hrs back cause we needed to be at the airport at 9:30 or so. My son said that Aurora was pretty close to where Everlovin' lives near the border of Toronto and Markham so he could drop me off and save Everlovin from having to make the trip. It also meant I could worry less about his heart and the fatigue he would be feeling with the time change between Ontario and Alberta. So instead of spending the night traveling dinner was provided by my MIL and I got to sit out under the gazebo and see all the pretty flowers my BIL has grown. I need to say before I go any further that I had never been on a jet before, I'd ridden in a fixed wing so it wasn't totally strange. I was beyon

Perhaps I was a little hasty...

 Last night all I could think about was getting out of this town and going to someplace safe and quiet.  Funny enough when I went searching for safe and affordable Peterborough was actually on the list and yes the list was new as of June 2022. Kinda surprised to find that we are actually pretty safe here despite all the stuff going on. I was watching Tik Tok and this guy was jogging down a street in Vancouver, there were literally dozens of tents and homeless all along the street. Made me realize that we do have it pretty good here even with the rents doubling in the last six months. I would rather not leave Ontario but the cheapest rents are in Quebec and one of the eastern provinces, I can't remember which one off the top of my head. This is scary Maybe I'll find a way to curb the urge to run away for awhile.

July 12

 Today we head to Calgary after E is done working. We packed up and checked out of the Sandman. I spent most of the day in a place called Cafe on 54. E joined me and grabbed himself a Reuban when he was done which he seem to like. I worked on the journal and drew a picture of Edmonton before we landed.  Scan and add photo of art work. We had to wait for the network guy while he returned his car so we hung out at a nearby gas station though it was a bit more than that with a car wash and a convenience store. It was a long wait so I grabbed some junk food. I lost one of the things I bought but the 7 day croissant was pretty good. The network guy wanted to stop at a beach called Sylvan Beach on the way to Calgary. It was interesting, one of those lakes where you can walk out a long way before it starts to get above your knees. There was a camping area, a playground, and a small marina.     I walked along the kelp-strewn beach looking for a stone or two, what I found were waterlogged wood