Skip to main content

July 11

 We had the hotel room for two nights so I decided to spend my second day in Alberta exploring South Common Mall which covers 5 acres or more, all outside entrances, no covered walkways here.

He dropped me off in front of Michaels so I would have a starting place I wouldn't forget. 

After getting embroidery needles, pencil crayons & a drawing book I headed out to my next goal. I really needed my hair trimmed so I looked around until I found a barber shop. I thought I might get a good deal but it ended up costing me the same as it would if I'd gone to a salon. Even so I felt tons better once my hair wasn't such a mess. The place was called Tommy Gun's Original Barbershop. I liked the woman who did my hair a lot, she was patient but talkative. Highly recommend this place!



Alberta has been under a smoke haze from various wildfires so instead of a warm day it was kinda cool so I went looking for a place I could get a cheap sweater. I found an Old Navy. It was difficult to leave that store with just the sweater, they had so many pretty dresses ...

I was hungry and wanted to sit and write for a bit so I went looking for a Tim Hortons. After about half an hour of rest I headed back to the Michaels only to get side-tracked into a Lindt store. I had some luck and found a small package of their chocolate which I bought.

I was headed back to Michaels when I remembered the movie theatre that is there. I decided I was going to treat myself to a movie before heading back to the hotel.

I watched a movie called Astroid City. It was a genre that I wasn't familiar with but I did enjoy it along with my popcorn and a couple of chocolates.


Once it was over I decided to head back to the hotel so I called a cab, it was only $13 from the theatre to the hotel which seems very reasonable to me.

Sadly when I got back to the hotel I could not remember our room number and had a bit of a panic attack even went as far as talking to the cleaning staff before going to the front desk to ask. After I dropped off my stuff I decided to look into the on-site restaurants.

Both Chop and Denny's are on site so we could go high-end (Chop) or comfort food (Denny's). We decided on Denny's.

After a good meal and our other routines, we headed to bed. I slept amazingly considering how much walking I did today.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 9th & 10th

 I was on my way to see GD#3 in Aurora with my son when he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Everlovin' was planning on coming down to get me that night after work. I was a little worried because it meant he would be very tired after working all day and then driving the 2 hrs to get me and the 2 hrs back cause we needed to be at the airport at 9:30 or so. My son said that Aurora was pretty close to where Everlovin' lives near the border of Toronto and Markham so he could drop me off and save Everlovin from having to make the trip. It also meant I could worry less about his heart and the fatigue he would be feeling with the time change between Ontario and Alberta. So instead of spending the night traveling dinner was provided by my MIL and I got to sit out under the gazebo and see all the pretty flowers my BIL has grown. I need to say before I go any further that I had never been on a jet before, I'd ridden in a fixed wing so it wasn't totally strange. I was beyon

July 12

 Today we head to Calgary after E is done working. We packed up and checked out of the Sandman. I spent most of the day in a place called Cafe on 54. E joined me and grabbed himself a Reuban when he was done which he seem to like. I worked on the journal and drew a picture of Edmonton before we landed.  Scan and add photo of art work. We had to wait for the network guy while he returned his car so we hung out at a nearby gas station though it was a bit more than that with a car wash and a convenience store. It was a long wait so I grabbed some junk food. I lost one of the things I bought but the 7 day croissant was pretty good. The network guy wanted to stop at a beach called Sylvan Beach on the way to Calgary. It was interesting, one of those lakes where you can walk out a long way before it starts to get above your knees. There was a camping area, a playground, and a small marina.     I walked along the kelp-strewn beach looking for a stone or two, what I found were waterlogged wood

Perhaps I was a little hasty...

 Last night all I could think about was getting out of this town and going to someplace safe and quiet.  Funny enough when I went searching for safe and affordable Peterborough was actually on the list and yes the list was new as of June 2022. Kinda surprised to find that we are actually pretty safe here despite all the stuff going on. I was watching Tik Tok and this guy was jogging down a street in Vancouver, there were literally dozens of tents and homeless all along the street. Made me realize that we do have it pretty good here even with the rents doubling in the last six months. I would rather not leave Ontario but the cheapest rents are in Quebec and one of the eastern provinces, I can't remember which one off the top of my head. This is scary Maybe I'll find a way to curb the urge to run away for awhile.