Skip to main content

Lost in thought

 Trying to see the path ahead of me

A trio of years brought many tears

More tears than I can stand

Three simple lines and in my head I know there are more.

My mind is tired and my body hurts

I'm not ready to go to the great beyond yet.

Novembers Creative Journal




Writing Prompts

Write all of the poem or a selected verse in your journal. You may choose to use a whole page or just a part. You can also use other colors of ink and different styles of writing. Switch the ink color to every other line or word.

Write one thing that made the day great (30)

Write a minimum of 500 words per day using the word of the day according to Merriam-Webster Dictionary https://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day/calendar

Enter one Poetry Contest each Week https://www.poetrysoup.com/poetry/contests/

Art Assignments

Beginnings: Create a cover page using a colour scheme, words, and images that symbolize November

Monthly Collage: Make a collage based on the word: Remembrance Day

Drawing: Once a week create a playing card-sized drawing of one of the images you used on your cover page

Daily Art

Once a day answer the following questions:

  • What colour am I today?

  • What word am I today?

  • What was the weather today?

Daily Design: It's simple, look for designs as you go about your day and find one that catches your eye. Reproduce the pattern in a small rectangle on your daily page. No need to use the same colours, it's the pattern that matters.

Theme Grid: Divide a page into 30 squares. In the first square draw one of the images for the month. Each square must relate back to the first image somehow. A change of angle, a word related to November or the initial image, a change in colour, or a small change in each box, one day at a time.

Reading:

I have included the author and genre/subject for each book on the list. This is my November reading list, sans textbooks of course.

10 fiction books

2001: A Space Odyssey

Arthur C. Clarke

Classic, Science fiction

Aberdeenshire Folk Tales

Grace Banks

Folktales

Adventures From the Land of Stories: Queen Red Riding Hood's Guide to Royalty

Chris Colfer

Childrens, Fairy Tales, Fantasy

Academy of Monsters

Madeline Fay & Jenee Robinson

Reverse Harem Medium slow burn.

Amphigorey: Fifteen Books

Edward Gorey

Poetry, Graphic Novel

Anthonology

Piers Anthony

Fantasy, Biography

Bio Dungeon: Symbiote

book 1 of Body Dungeon

Jeffrey "falcon" Logue & Jonathan Brooks

LitRPG

Quilt as Desired

Arlene Sachitano

Cozy Mysteries, Mystery

In the Land of Leadale, Vol. 1

Ceez

Fantasy, Humour

Liches Get Stitches

H. J. Tolson & F. R. Smith

Fantasy, Horror, Humour

10 non-fiction books

Incite: Dreams Realized

Tonia Jenny

Mixed Media, Magazine

Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything

B. J. Fogg

Self-help

365 Ways to Live Happy: Simple Ways to Find Joy Every Day

Meera Lester

Inspiration

The Urban Walker: How to Upgrade Your Mind, Body and Spirit in 30 Days

The Urban Walker: How to Upgrade Your Mind, Body and Spirit in 30 Days

Fitness

How to Move It: Reset Your Body

Joslyn Thompson Rule

Motivation

Writing Wild: Women Poets, Ramblers, and Mavericks Who Shape How We See the Natural World

Kathryn Aalto

Biography, autobiography

How to Self Publish Inexpensive Books and Ebooks

William Allan

Writing, Reference

Why We Dance

Kimerer Lamothe

Dancing

The Book of Lists: The Original Compendium of Curious Information

David Wallechinsky & Amy Wallace

Humour, Trivia

How to Build Self-Discipline: Resist Temptations and Reach Your Long-Term Goals

Martin Meadows

Self-dicipline

Education:

My main aim right now is to learn how to create a film short using animation. The textbooks I’m using right now are aimed at teaching me the basics of filmmaking, animation, and desktop publishing.

My secondary aim is to create a book of poetry and images created by yours truly. The textbooks for this focus are on writing poetry and creating art photos to go with them.

Think back to something you have wanted to do for decades, that's what I did. Making my own little cartoon and publishing a book of my poetry have both been on my mind for 30 + years. With everything that has happened in the last 3 years I was lost. This is me trying to find my way again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 9th & 10th

 I was on my way to see GD#3 in Aurora with my son when he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Everlovin' was planning on coming down to get me that night after work. I was a little worried because it meant he would be very tired after working all day and then driving the 2 hrs to get me and the 2 hrs back cause we needed to be at the airport at 9:30 or so. My son said that Aurora was pretty close to where Everlovin' lives near the border of Toronto and Markham so he could drop me off and save Everlovin from having to make the trip. It also meant I could worry less about his heart and the fatigue he would be feeling with the time change between Ontario and Alberta. So instead of spending the night traveling dinner was provided by my MIL and I got to sit out under the gazebo and see all the pretty flowers my BIL has grown. I need to say before I go any further that I had never been on a jet before, I'd ridden in a fixed wing so it wasn't totally strange. I was beyon

Perhaps I was a little hasty...

 Last night all I could think about was getting out of this town and going to someplace safe and quiet.  Funny enough when I went searching for safe and affordable Peterborough was actually on the list and yes the list was new as of June 2022. Kinda surprised to find that we are actually pretty safe here despite all the stuff going on. I was watching Tik Tok and this guy was jogging down a street in Vancouver, there were literally dozens of tents and homeless all along the street. Made me realize that we do have it pretty good here even with the rents doubling in the last six months. I would rather not leave Ontario but the cheapest rents are in Quebec and one of the eastern provinces, I can't remember which one off the top of my head. This is scary Maybe I'll find a way to curb the urge to run away for awhile.

July 12

 Today we head to Calgary after E is done working. We packed up and checked out of the Sandman. I spent most of the day in a place called Cafe on 54. E joined me and grabbed himself a Reuban when he was done which he seem to like. I worked on the journal and drew a picture of Edmonton before we landed.  Scan and add photo of art work. We had to wait for the network guy while he returned his car so we hung out at a nearby gas station though it was a bit more than that with a car wash and a convenience store. It was a long wait so I grabbed some junk food. I lost one of the things I bought but the 7 day croissant was pretty good. The network guy wanted to stop at a beach called Sylvan Beach on the way to Calgary. It was interesting, one of those lakes where you can walk out a long way before it starts to get above your knees. There was a camping area, a playground, and a small marina.     I walked along the kelp-strewn beach looking for a stone or two, what I found were waterlogged wood