Skip to main content

May 13- Take off and arrival

 Getting up at 6 am is ungodly early but we had to leave by 7 am to get to the airport on time. We went to the airport by Lyft so that wasn't so bad and he was able to get us there well within our window. 

One good thing to know about travelling by plane, put your ticket on your phone because you have to show it at least 5 times before you get on the plane. You will also need some kind of ID to get on the plane. As an unseasoned traveller I have a lot to learn, this is only my second time flying. Next time maybe I'll fly east instead of west.

E has been talking about driving there but he is our only driver so it will take a week or more to drive there to allow him adequate rest time. We have a couple of trips in the works but as E is fond of reminding me all the good things in life cost money. And this trip cost him $1000 dollars to bring me. He figures I should know, so I will be suitably grateful.

Wow I am in a cynical mood today, I hope I am not turning into a grumpy old lady. He is able to afford it so it is not that big of a deal but still... gratitude love but I don't care about money. 

I never really have, as long as I have enough to pay my bills and buy food I'm not worried, shrug, but E and I come from very different backgrounds which is why we work. If he came from my world I don't think I would like him much.

OK back to the topic of today. The wait to get on the plane was about two hours and I spent it reading and playing cards, oh and charging my devices. The airline we took is called PORTER and it includes free WI-Fi on the plane and charging stations both in the airport and in the plane.

The trip itself was without incident although we did hit a bit of turbulence on our decent, not a lot but you could feel the plane shake a little. We landed in this maze of an airport where you had to go up then down then around and down again. Crazy!

I took pictures of course being me of takeoff and landing, I was amused to see the guy in front of me videotape the whole process which felt like an hour but was probably much less. I slept a lot on the plane because trying to read made me dizzy.

When we arrived at the hotel we were very pleasantly surprised, it looks sorta rustic on the outside but inside was anything but. We walked into a room that held two queen sized beds, a full bath including a tub deep enough to soak in, a kitchenette that included a stove top, a sink, a fridge and a microwave, there is a balcony that looks out onto a driveway and a highway but despite that still looks nice. there is this vine wrapped tree right outside our window that is absolutely gorgeous.

After stopping at Triple O Burger (its inside a service station) we drove out to the first site so he could know the route for Tuesday(today) and I got my first surprise. It seems that I had the wrong address for the first site so I could not do the walk I had planned. 

That only meant that I got to sleep in a little though I still woke up at my usual 7 am. And around 10 am I'll call E and see if he is available to take me out to explore a bit. The first place on my list was something called the Tower of Bauble but since that hasn't happened yet I'll stop for now. I have decided that I will upload my pictures to Instagram so you can find them @cherylmarois 

Triple O burgers
Our Hotel


Mountains everywhere you look

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Self-Love in Your 60s: Nurturing Your Well-being

  As we journey through life, self-love becomes an increasingly important companion, especially as we reach our 60s. This is a time for embracing who we are, celebrating our journey, and prioritizing our well-being like never before. Self-love isn't just about indulging in occasional treats; it's a daily practice of nurturing our minds, bodies, and spirits. Here are some tips to help you embrace self-love in your 60s and beyond: 1.       Prioritize Self-Care: Start each day with a simple self-care routine. Whether it's a few minutes of meditation, a calming cup of tea, or a morning stretch, setting aside time for yourself can set a positive tone for the day. 2.       Move Your Body: Staying active is key to maintaining both physical and mental health. Find activities that you enjoy and that suit your fitness level, whether it's gentle yoga, walking in nature, or dancing to your favourite tunes. 3.       Nourish Your Body: Pay attention to your body's need

Perhaps I was a little hasty...

 Last night all I could think about was getting out of this town and going to someplace safe and quiet.  Funny enough when I went searching for safe and affordable Peterborough was actually on the list and yes the list was new as of June 2022. Kinda surprised to find that we are actually pretty safe here despite all the stuff going on. I was watching Tik Tok and this guy was jogging down a street in Vancouver, there were literally dozens of tents and homeless all along the street. Made me realize that we do have it pretty good here even with the rents doubling in the last six months. I would rather not leave Ontario but the cheapest rents are in Quebec and one of the eastern provinces, I can't remember which one off the top of my head. This is scary Maybe I'll find a way to curb the urge to run away for awhile.

Forward

 As you are aware I claim Paganism as my Spiritual practice, Nov 1st is our New Years day and with the completion of the radiation treatments I am finally able to look at things more clearly than I have in the last couple of years.  Yeah, first Covid then Breast Cancer been a real interesting few years. Not happy but interesting. Yesterday I started the Estrogen blockers and today I am having my first hot flash since I turned 60, while I am not happy about that the alternative as my everlovin would say is worse. Quite frankly less than one year for the process from diagnosis to treatment isn't bad but is not something I want to repeat any time soon so menopause a second time. Though at least this is only 5 years unlike the ten of the first time. Once I brought it to my doctor's attention things moved quickly but taking it to the doctor was something I delayed for a couple of months because at first, I thought it was from a fall I took in the winter. Note to self the next time I