Skip to main content

Meandering

 So it is almost mid summer, tomorrow in fact. Should I celebrate the longest day of the year? I'd love to but I do not have a place I can do that. I seldom regret that I don't own a house but really I'm 63 what would be the point except as something to give my kids to sell when I die.

Still I miss being able to decorate the front porch for what ever holiday was up next, I miss being able to have a barbecue and a bonfire on the back patio. Sometimes, like today when such an important sun day is coming but other than that I can do without the hassle of home ownership.

An in-law apartment somewhere yeah I could do that and gladly but a house with all the maintenance stuff uh uh.

I need to figure out who I am again, or  I can  just do what I please as I please and see where it takes me. I'm afraid that will make me an enemy of some dangerous people but I really don't care. They want respect they gotta show others respect, I've tried but all I seem to do is clean up after them.

I want to take out a can of spray paint and paint a message for all to see. "Respect the Earth, clean up after yourself!" 'cept I might get in trouble for public mischief or something. Might do it anyway cause it needs to be said. I am still so mentally tired, I know it never goes away but I would like one happy day. A day when I feel alive and vibrant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing Self-Love in Your 60s: Nurturing Your Well-being

  As we journey through life, self-love becomes an increasingly important companion, especially as we reach our 60s. This is a time for embracing who we are, celebrating our journey, and prioritizing our well-being like never before. Self-love isn't just about indulging in occasional treats; it's a daily practice of nurturing our minds, bodies, and spirits. Here are some tips to help you embrace self-love in your 60s and beyond: 1.       Prioritize Self-Care: Start each day with a simple self-care routine. Whether it's a few minutes of meditation, a calming cup of tea, or a morning stretch, setting aside time for yourself can set a positive tone for the day. 2.       Move Your Body: Staying active is key to maintaining both physical and mental health. Find activities that you enjoy and that suit your fitness level, whether it's gentle yoga, walking in nature, or dancing to your favourite tunes. 3.       Nourish Your Body: Pay attention to your body's need

Perhaps I was a little hasty...

 Last night all I could think about was getting out of this town and going to someplace safe and quiet.  Funny enough when I went searching for safe and affordable Peterborough was actually on the list and yes the list was new as of June 2022. Kinda surprised to find that we are actually pretty safe here despite all the stuff going on. I was watching Tik Tok and this guy was jogging down a street in Vancouver, there were literally dozens of tents and homeless all along the street. Made me realize that we do have it pretty good here even with the rents doubling in the last six months. I would rather not leave Ontario but the cheapest rents are in Quebec and one of the eastern provinces, I can't remember which one off the top of my head. This is scary Maybe I'll find a way to curb the urge to run away for awhile.

Forward

 As you are aware I claim Paganism as my Spiritual practice, Nov 1st is our New Years day and with the completion of the radiation treatments I am finally able to look at things more clearly than I have in the last couple of years.  Yeah, first Covid then Breast Cancer been a real interesting few years. Not happy but interesting. Yesterday I started the Estrogen blockers and today I am having my first hot flash since I turned 60, while I am not happy about that the alternative as my everlovin would say is worse. Quite frankly less than one year for the process from diagnosis to treatment isn't bad but is not something I want to repeat any time soon so menopause a second time. Though at least this is only 5 years unlike the ten of the first time. Once I brought it to my doctor's attention things moved quickly but taking it to the doctor was something I delayed for a couple of months because at first, I thought it was from a fall I took in the winter. Note to self the next time I