I spent September looking back over the year I had actually lived. Not the year I planned, or the one I thought I should have lived, but the messy, interesting, sometimes difficult one that really happened.
Apparently, all that looking back produced a new release.
Introducing Cherylann 8.0.
Not new and improved. There are no exciting upgrades, and I’m fairly certain several bugs remain unresolved. This is simply the latest version—the one carrying everything the earlier versions learned, tried, abandoned, discovered and occasionally got spectacularly wrong.
And she has a new word: Venture.
The first venture is deliberately small.
October is Close to Home.
I’m not heading off in search of somewhere exotic. I’m starting with the streets I already walk, the buildings I pass without really seeing, the paths I haven’t followed and the doors I’ve never opened. I want to find out how much of my own small corner of the world I’ve been overlooking simply because it is familiar.
There are no goals to check off and no carefully planned itinerary. The question for this year is much simpler:
What will I find?
Cherylann 8.0 has a cane when she needs it, a wee backpack, a camera and a tendency to wander off course when something catches her eye.
That sounds like enough to begin.

Gonna hang a GoPro around your neck
ReplyDelete